Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Monday, January 31, 2011

Upcoming Trip

Much to my amazement, I haven't yet prepared my official itinerary for our next trip to England. I have pretty much made arrangements, but nothing seems to be in writing. That just isn't me. However, it is late, so I shall not start it tonight.... at least I don't believe I will.
Mind you, I have prepared a major portion of my Provence trip this summer.
We are so looking forward to spending time with Morgan friends just about the entire trip, aside from 3 days in London. Another "couple" friends of ours who we knew in Hong Kong in 1980, whom we visited last year in London, have since separated, so we are trying to make arrangements to see them separately.

Several of our "couple friends" have separated, and it is very sad to us. Interestingly, only 1 couple of our Morgan friends have separated. and they remain good friends (and actually still married) .. all others have stayed together for many years.
It must be that "Morgans will keep you together forever".
After London, we head South to Winchester to Roger and Linda's then to the shore where we will visit with Richard, Jenny and Sandra. Provided they are "ready", we will stop by to pick up Peter and Pauline, from whom we purchased Tallulah, our UK Morgan which they replaced with a Morgan Roadster, and travel to Malvern.
Linda and Roger
Jenny and Richard

Arthur and Patricia
 Three days are then spent with usual Morganing kind of things- eating, drinking, visiting the factory, dancing, visiting and more eating and drinking. We finalize our trip with a visit with Philip, Margaret and 101 year old Esther in Stratford  It will be another wonderful vacation.
    Peter and Pauline and their Roadster
    Esther, Margaret and Philip

1 comment:

Lee I said...

How soon before you leave for the England trip?