Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Sunday, January 23, 2011

Returned From The Hills

Having used many muscles I have not used in quite awhile, I managed to clear out the all the closets, cleared all the knicknacks from every surface, emptied the buffets,  and created many bags of recycling and garbage, the mountain house is now ready for the new floors. I purchased a little cart to assist in moving books and other heavy items to the garage.
I found mom's "love letters" to dad from 1933 which were tucked away in his drawer, and so sweet and in good "shape" and still in their envelopes. They will be put into archive paper and kept along with a few of the other items I have found, along with mom's wedding dress from 1936. I suspect I will find dad's letters to mom when I ever get through every paper that has ever passed through their hands.
My new camera is expected this Thursday, and I am very excited.

No comments: