Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day -3 Summer in the Alps and Provence

We arrived safely in London to clear blue skies. Upon arrival at Richard Thornes, we took quite awhile to take the roof (top) down on the Morgan. It was a lovely day as we took the back routes to our hotel in Cheshunt England.
Although we had been assured that our Morgan had "everything working satisfactorily", after 1 hour our Garmin battery said "low battery" and soon stopped working. A call back to Richard Thornes, and we headed back to have adjustments done to the cigarette lighter, which powers the Garmin. It was "loose", the fuse had blown, and you need to put the Garmin charging cord in "horizontally". £60 later and we were on our way again, and finally made it to the hotel around 4:30 PM, rather than noon time.

We did come over two days early to UK to sort out any Morgan problems......
And I did forget my good camera for the "Photo Tour" to Provence.....
Waiting for departure

Enjoying coffee while waiting for departure

Driving from Richard Thornes in the Morgan
What is wrong with this connection, 1 hour after starting?

3 comments:

Lee I said...

What? You had to pay to fix something that was supposed to be in working order? C'est la vie. Having a similar experience here with the new computer.

Glad you made it okay. How was the flight? See ya soon!

92 MOG said...

Morgans have no guarantees. I would return that computer and start over. Philip had to do that with his Nexus from Staples.

Lee I said...

Computer turns out to be fine. There's a glitch in the scanning software that shows false positives (or negatives, as case may be) when both disks are scanned back to back. The tech who went through this in a remote session downloaded all updates, then got a clean scan when ONLY the SSD was selected. The SSD is a cache only, so is not absolutely vital to the operation of the computer. So, Jeff changed out the drives, so I owe him.