Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Monday, October 29, 2012

HAWAII- Day 5- More Relaxation and Baseball

  From our "upgraded evacuation room", we ate our cartons of cereal in our room, then headed over to the King's Shopping Center to check it out.
Partial Ocean View Evacuation Room

Hibicus at the Shopping Center
We enjoyed Fish and Chips and Tempura while overlooking a lake and enjoyed the Koi.
Lake

Hungry Koi

Hungry Birds
As the World Series was about to start, we walked back across the street, and spent the afternoon in our room watching the game. 

World Series Award
We had cocktails on our balcony and watched the sun go down.

Sunset from our room
Dinner was at the Marriott dining room- Lobster night. It was very good, however, I shared my lobster with Morris the cat, who woke up from his nap close by when I called him. Poor Morris, although allegedly belonging to a neighbor, seems to have had a rough life, with an ear injured and a bad mouth- probably bad teeth. The hotel people seem to accept him hanging around however.
Morris
It was nice to be able to relax for the day, and we are so proud of the Giants.

1 comment:

Lee I said...

I did not stick around for the World Series Award. In fact, I watched the last inning or so in silence, with The Good Wife on PIP. (It's harder to follow without sound than a baseball game.)
(Round one with security word: fail)
(Round 2, fail)