Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Monday, June 24, 2013

PROVENCE 2013

Philip dropped me off at CDG Marriott for the night before I flew down to Marseille to meet the Lavender Ladies for our Provence Tour. Sister Lee and BFF Linda had arrived the night before, and made it to the villa before we did.
Villa in Ste. Cecile les vignes 
Chilly pool at the villa
The next morning, we headed off to l'Isle sur les sorgue for the market,
Lee and Linda at the market
Beautiful bowls at the market
My lunch
Elaine and Lee by the river
That evening we went for wine tasting at Domaine Rouge Bleu.



Wine glass
The next morning we headed out to see the lavender fields. It was very windy with a touch of cold in the air.
Linda at lookout
Lavender
A little early for the bright lavender
Rows of Lavender
After an afternoon rest, we went to a beautiful old town of Seguret.

Church in Seguret
Lee and Elaine
Lee enjoying ice cream- apricot sorbet
Linda in Seguret



The wind is howling outside and I am tired. Good night!

No comments: