Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DAY -2 DOVER ENGLAND

I had booked a "free Marriott room" for Dover and last week, and while finalizing our itinerary, I discovered that I had booked in Dover NEW HAMPSHIRE. Imagine my surprise! There is no Marriott in Dover England.
Quickly searching the Premier Inn's in Dover, we booked one just outside of the Ferry Terminal where we were given a harbour view. 
Premier Inn Dover

Seaglls

The day started off with my tomato and spinach fritatta sans spinach. A slice of toast was substituted and the OJ was comped. We left the hotel a little after nine and headed to Costco to look for a "midrange" camera, since I forgot my good DSLR camera, and have a basic cheap one. It couldn't be a Panasonic , because I get into all kinds of trouble with file names when both Philip and I have the same brand of camera, and you can't adjust the starting numbers of the images with enough number fields... they tend to write one image over another. Costco didn't have anything, so we went to PC World. Now I hate buying anything without doing my research, but research just wasn't going to happen, and there weren't many choices.  I ended up with a White Samsung WB200F. We will see how it works, once I figure out how all the options work. It doesn't look terribly complicated but we shall see.

The day was sunny and moderately warm, with an occasional cold blast of air. But it was top down weather, for which we are thankful.

The itinerary was to visit Dover Castle, which we viewed from its' base.

We walked down the Dover Promenade, and had a drink at this cute little restaurant.
THE MORGAN




Philip

Tomorrow's Ferry






No comments: