Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Friday, June 21, 2013

SWISS ALPS CONTINUED


After a wonderful day over Stelvio Pass, the next day was another big “Pass Day”.  Another beautiful day began with our drive over Oberalppass. 
Furkha Pass had just opened on Friday, and was the most dramatic pass of the day. Snow was melting rapidly, and at times, we felt like a big snow avalanche might fall down on us.

The beautiful lake at the bottom, icy cold, seemed surreal.

We stopped to eat a picnic lunch at the boat ramp at Brienz lake,

Then over the hill to our hotel in Saanen, near Gaastad, a famous ski resort, and a traditional Swiss fondue dinner, starting with a meat starter


No comments: