Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Saturday, September 24, 2011

DAY 24- NOT MUCH PROGRESS

I tease Craig, our contractor, about when he is going to do some actual "work". He has been great about organizing and getting the subs there on time and being sure that everything flows smoothly, but up until yesterday, he didn't do actual construction work.
Because of the lack of building going on in this small community, all the other contractors primarily do their own "sub" work. The concrete subs, are actually general contractors, who would have like to do the whole job, but they actually are doing just the concrete (very nicely I might add).
So Craig's plan is to help Tom with the carpentry. I believe Tom is also a contractor from down the hill, but needs work, so he is being a carpenter.
Tom has been here most of the week, but up until today, although Craig wears his tool belt, we hadn't actually seen him (Craig) do carpentry work.  However, today Philip caught him with a hammer in his hand. Mind you, the first picture was supposed to be of Craig doing work, but as you can see, he is supervising.
Sorry about the fuzziness- things were just moving SOOO fast, it blurred.
Craig "Just About" Working

Craig Actually Working and Tom Supervising
Until Monday......

No comments: