Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Monday, September 19, 2011

DAY 21- Foundation Cured, and Backfill Done

After a busy weekend with the setting of the alarm, I hoped to sleep in today, to no avail. Clunking started at 0730 outside as Greg, the excavator started pushing around dirt to do the backfill. Soon Craig knocked on the door asking the cars be moved out of the way.
The big truck was here to dump gravel into the backfill space where the french drain would be going.
Dumping Gravel

Once that was done, the guys removed the snap ties from the concrete and filled the holes, while Greg moved dirt around the lot, filling the gaps and smoothing the soil out.
Backfilled and smoothed
Meanwhile, sister and I went to water aerobics for our exercise (no pictures)
When Danny arrived, he worked on creating the upper driveway so the upper garage framing could begin tomorrow. Several truckloads of dirt were carried away today. The guys worked late, not leaving until after 5 PM.
Upper driveway

It was a struggle, but I managed to complete this posting with my new Apple MacPro. Since I flunked iPhone, this has been a challenge and VERY different and non-intuitive. 

1 comment:

Lee I said...

Wow! And here I thought they were almost done for the day when I dropped you off after water aerobics.