Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 22-23- Upper and Lower Garage Prep

With the back fill completed and lumber delivered, the carpenter guys started building the sub frame for the upper garage's concrete slab. There will be a 3 " concrete slab poured over the wood, somewhat suspended.



The concrete guys also started work on the lower garage slab, in preparation for pouring the the 4 " slab (to support a "lift") next week. The wing walls also will be built and hopefully poured next week as well. They are to hold in the dirt from slipping down the slope.
I headed back to the Bay Area home for final preparations for the big wedding in October.

2 comments:

Lee I said...

Aha! I must get over and take a look. Has Chauffeur returned to the big city?

92 MOG said...

Chauffer will remain there until week Friday for pouring the floors and letting me prep without distraction