Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Saturday, September 24, 2011

DAY 24- 2nd Entry

While the carpenters didn't seem to accomplish much today, the concrete contractors did manage to build the forms for 3 of the 4 (or more) retaining walls. The first 2 pictures of walls, are change orders, that is not included in the original contract, so more money.
There was a lot of debate about whether this wall should be at 90 degrees or at at angle. The decision was to keep it square at 90 degrees. A stairway will eventually be built up to the upper level and a path.
Wall to the Right of the Lower Garage

This picture is of the wall to the left of the man cave on the lower level.
 
And the pony wall, which WAS included in the contract (the picture is the same as the above, so I am now lost).  Concrete pouring is scheduled to occur next Wednesday.
And the work on the upper garage sub floor continues-

More Monday..... 

No comments: