Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Thursday, September 8, 2011

The BIG Pour and More

Although I was not present for "the Big Pour", that is pouring concrete into the big foundation walls, nor do I yet have pictures, I can report that the inspector approved the forms for filling, it took 2 loads of concrete to do the fill, and the forms have been removed and the big walls look really nice, if concrete walls can look nice. Craig, our contractor, was insistent that any walls we would be able to see, be "pretty", and hence, the plywood for forms, as mentioned before. I will add pictures as soon as I receive them.
I did manage to transfer the pictures off my mobile phone to my computer, so here is the turkey that sister mentioned in her blog.

This turkey is terrorizing the town, with Betty avoiding walking in our neighborhood for fear of it, and the neighbor lady said the turkey bit her. We saw the turkey in the road while we were driving, and it was in the road and close by. The turkey chased us when we drove away. We are thinking that perhaps there are baby turkeys around, and this is a protective parent (see the other turkey in the background).
More tomorrow when I have Pour Pictures. Then "curing" for 1-2 weeks.
Next week we are hoping to have four trees trimmed, but the tree people are very busy, and very non-committal, so that chore may have to wait.

1 comment:

Lee I said...

Splendid! (The turkey picture.) Waiting for your Big Pour pictures. I took one little one, but it was into the sunlight, so doubt it came out very well.