Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Monday, September 12, 2011

CALLING IT DAY 20- The Footings/Foundations are Completed

By last Friday, the footings and foundations were poured with concrete and the forms removed.




Contractor Craig Supervising
These are all new words to me, but I am learning as we go along. Concrete will still need to be poured for the garage floors, and for the multitude of "retaining walls" and curbs, that are "work orders" to the original contract- meaning more  $$$$.
The walls must cure for at least a week before any "backfill" of dirt is done. That is filling up the holes beside the foundation where space was left to be able to build and remove the forms.

Rebar inside the walls

The Beautiful Wall- still wet
Curing and the yard cleaned up
The man cave/work room is on the lower left, with a 1/2 bath, and a staircase up to the upper garage and storage room, which will be over the man cave. The lower garage is on the right and is 25 X30 feet. The upper garage is the entire upper area and is 25X40 (minus a bit for the storage area), and the entrance to my 10X30 storage room. The garage floor will have concrete poured over a wood subfloor.
Engineer husband kind of laughs at me, because these building words are new words and concepts to me. So I can tell him about his health  and medicine in words he doesn't know either. We share knowledge of the computer world, as we have been brought together over time from our original occupations (nurse and civil engineer) to computer project managers/analysts. 
Out in the garden in the evening, this buck sat posing for husband to take his picture. He was a very big buck and beautiful, and is probably waiting for the garden to be installed so he can have his pick of delicious flowers that we think he (deer) won't want. 
And of course, we need to have pictures of our babies- looking out at the world where they cannot go.

1 comment:

Lee I said...

Wait a moment! Is that Lola-reflected, or has she gone for a stroll outside? Time for us both to go to bed!