Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Friday, October 26, 2012

HAWAII DAY 2- Kohala Coast and North Kohala

Last night we were invited to an Island Orientation for 0830 today that we debated attending. We expected a time share pitch or something similar. I awakened at 0800 and encouraged Philip to hurry up and get ready. Once he was sitting on the side of the bed, he informed me that the clock in the room said 0610, not 0800.  Guess I had read my watch upside down. So I showered, and he went back to bed. The sun was just rising, so  I sat out on the deck with my coffee and read a book until the "real" 0800.


Expecting to eat some of our breakfasts in our room, we had purchased blue berry pastries. I helped myself to one to eat on the balcony, which necessitated sharing the crumbs with several birds who were happy that I dropped so many crumbs.

After listening to the Orientation spiel, we signed up for an Around the Island Tour tomorrow, and a helicopter ride over the Volcano on Saturday. So their sales pitch worked on us...
With about five spare hours before the Giants game started this afternoon,  we took a walk around the hotel prior to we heading north up the Kohala Coast. 
Philip and Elaine walk around the grounds
Marriott Waikokoa Beach Resort





Kohala Coast
Pu'ukohola Heiau view

Maui from Big Island
King Kamehamheha Statue in  Kapa'au
Pololu Valley Lookout


Over Kaaoau Mountain Road

Sunset back at the hotel
Self Portraits at Dinner
View from our dinner table 
Maui French Onion Soup

Morris the hotel cat 
Fish Linguini
Mahi Mahi



No comments: