Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Thursday, October 25, 2012

HAWAII- DAY 1- Arrival

Realizing we needed about 4000 more air miles to reach Premier Class for this year, we searched for the cheapest place we could fly and include using our Marriott Hotel miles. The outcome was that we would go to the Big Island of Hawaii (cheap flight) and stay at the Marriott at Waikoloa Beach "free" in a Garden View Room.
The plane flew at 0915 AM, which required rising at 0400 to catch a 0520 taxi ride to BART. This made for a LONG day.


We weren't able to sit next to each other on the very full plane, but I had a nice window seat, although I prefer the aisle. I did get some neat pictures.

We lucked out and received a free upgrade auto rental to a convertible, which of course we love.

Arriving at our hotel just in time for the World Series, we spent the afternoon watching the game. It was overcast outside, although warm and humid.
For dinner, we headed out to the Queen's Marketplace and had a wonderful Thai dinner at Charleys (???) Thai Cuisine. Neglected to take a picture of this food.  We collapsed very tired about 9 PM.




1 comment:

Lee I said...

Hah! Thank goodness you showed up on my blogger reading list so I found this. Let's hope I can decipher the security words. So you could catch BART that early. I tracked your flight on FlightAware.

Have a relaxing time. You guys need it.

Missed the first try.