Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Tuesday, August 9, 2011

DAY 2- Much Progress Has Been Made

I am told that all the necessary trees and plants have been removed. Many more than I expected, including the rosemary along side the of the driveway, and more pine trees than anticipated. I guess since they were less than 5 inches in diameter, no notification was required. It is sad to lose those pine trees that daddy planted so lovingly, even tho' not native to the area, as well as the rosemary.  I shall have to plant new rosemary on the hillsides, as well as lavender so reminiscent of our trip to Provence this summer. I won't miss the deerbrush on the slope, however. Although native, it is wicked.
 I can only find Lavendula, with strange tops on them, not even the Spanish lavender that we have in the front yard. I will keep looking.



The pad for the lower garage and for the storage room were also prepared. Only one large rock was found in the entire digging (so far) and it is not in a bad place. The soil is firmly compacted.

Pad for the storage room- required 18 inch clearance.

I think this is the lower garage pad.
There will be an upper garage and a lower garage, as well as a storage /work room for husband with a storage room over it for me to store "stuff". These guys are moving fast....

1 comment:

Lee I said...

Wow! They really did make progress. I didn't go out of the house today except to pick up the paper. No kittens here all day. They were out here last evening.

I'll try to stop by tomorrow, depending on how unhappy Chloe is by the time I come back up the hill.