Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Sunday, July 17, 2011

TRAVELLING VIA MORGAN OR MINIVAN

Upon reflection of  "how much I liked" Provence, much of my answer comes down to "I haven't had a true comparison", as my mode of travel was so very different than that of my major areas of comparison, the California wine areas- Napa, Sonoma, Anderson Valley, Central Coast, and much more. 

Provence has beautiful scenic vistas and rolling hills with vines, and old interesting buildings, as do the California areas mentioned . The buildings are older in Provence and towns more quaint, and in areas there were the beautiful colors of sunflowers, lavender and some red flowers (unknown).



In California, there are California poppies, mustard, roses and other flowers, as well as many quaint towns, although not so old. The weather is similar- a warm/hot and  dry Mediterranean climate. Wine is plentiful in both places. California is much easier to visit wineries- generally no appointments are needed. Food is wonderful in both places.
Yes, we have spent many hours driving though and visiting California wine country, unlike many of the other guests on our tour. So Provence isn't very different to me, except people speak French.
The significant difference was that I was traveling in Provence in a minivan rather than a Morgan, which is a huge difference in the experience.  When in a Morgan with the top down,


 ALL  your senses experience the trip, rather than just sight.

 The view is 200 degrees in a Morgan, all odors- good and bad- are experienced, the temperature  is the real air temperature- hot or cold as it may be, and the wind is felt on your skin. To me, the memories are far greater,  and generally more pleasant in a Morgan than in a minivan. 

Will I return to Provence? Yes, but next time it will be in a Morgan. 

No comments: