Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Sunday, July 10, 2011

Days 18-19 Brugge- Happy Anniversary

It must be somewhere around Day 18 or 19 of our trip, and it will be our anniversary here in Brugge. It seems we have been married somewhere around 42 years. Last year we celebrated # 41 on Morgans Over America V on Victoria Island, with a wonderful brunch at our hotel, although I don't seem to have written about it in my MOA blog to help me remember it completely.


Being as we are not traveling with others, we did manage to get the above very informal shot taken of us by a kind person on the canal boat in Amsterdam yesterday.
This morning we headed out to Starbuck's for  large coffees and muffins for breakfast. After the chateau in Provence where taking a full cup of coffee filled me with guilt, european size (small) cups of coffee in Brussels,  and 6,50e for a pot of coffee  (almost $10) for 1 at our hotel, it was wonderful to have that Starbuck's grande coffee at a reasonable price. However, there was the price to pay when we were travelling to Brugge. Thankfully Mc Donalds can be found  with Garmin, which saved the day on our 4 hour trip from Amsterdam to Brugge.

Travel weather today was varied, with some sprinkles, some sun, some gray, and some clear skies. In a Morgan, that can mean dressing and undressing frequently- at least some removal of outer garments.




No comments: