Welcome to Elaine's Retirement Journal

I retired from John Muir Health as a Project Manager on May 22, 2011 after several attempts at doing so.
This blog is to experience my new Projects as Project Manager, Leisure.
I have several other blogs related to all the Morgan's Over America- see links.
As my Sister and I went together on the same trip to Provence this summer, and as she is a much better writer than I am, I have provided links to her writing where appropriate.



















Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Retired at Last and Ready for the Next Trip

On May 20, 2011, retirement finally swept over me, and I find myself in a state of "unknown". People ask how I "feel" and I really can't explain what/how I feel. It is nice not having to get up in the morning, wonderful to fall asleep at 3PM instead of forcing myself to stay awake at work, when I really want to sleep. And now, a week later, I almost feel rested. I've been too busy to be "lonely", and I keep up with friends on Facebook and email. My new role is Project Coordinator- Leisure, as we go from one "leisure" (or not) project to another.
This weekend's Leisure Project is the Sonoma Historic Races- three days in the wine country- unfortunately rain is predicted.
I will bring photos of the fun, and perhaps wet, weekend. Then soon off to Provence.

No comments: